2 lb Ground Lamb
1/2 lb Ground Beef
1/2 lb Seasoned Ground Sausage
2 t Sea Salt
3 T Fresh Flat Parsley, chopped
1/4 C Bread Crumbs
3 T dried poblano chiles
Juice from 1 Large Lemon
1 1/2 C Chicken stock
1/2 t Olive Oil, divided
1/2 C Shallots, minced
1 T Garlic, pressed
2 T chopped Fresh Thyme
1/2 C Toasted Pistachios, chopped
1/4 C Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
1 Serrano, deseeded chopped fine
1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
2 T Red Wine Vinegar
Fresh ground Sea Salt and Pepper
Orange Mint Yogurt Sauce
1 C plain Greek Yogurt
2 T Fresh Orange Mint Herb Chopped, if you don't have orange mint use mint and add juice from 1/2 orange
1. Toast chilies in 350 Degree Oven for 3 to 4 minutes. Cool, coarsely grind using a coffee or herb grinder
2. Heat 2 T of Olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add Shallots and cook until translucent. Add garlic and thyme, cook till fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Set aside to cook
3. Season lamb, pork and sausage evenly. Use mixer with paddle attachment and combine chile shallot and meat mixtures, parsley, bread crumbs and eggs. Mix on medium high speed till tacky.
4. Form mix into balls about the size of a golf ball, about 1 ½ ounces each. Use paper towel and wipe skillet used for the shallots. Add 2 T oil. Saute meatballs over medium high til browned on all sides.
5. Add lemon juice, chicken stock, and thyme sprig. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 15 minutes or till proper temperature.
6. Prepare the chimichurri. Whisk together all ingredients. Taste and adjust spices accordingly
7. For the mint yogurt sauce, combine Greek yogurt and fresh orange mint herb. Stir in salt and honey.
8. Serve meatballs and spoon over liquid to moisten. Top with Chimichurri and Orange Mint Yogurt.