Center Stage at the Chicago Auto Show
The Chicago Auto Show, the United States Largest, is a great place to learn about technology in Autos. The advances are amazing. Auto makers are emphasizing technology and gearing it toward Safety Concerns and Smart Phone technology. Working toward integrating these technologies creates User-Friendly myriads of options.
- Text to talk
- Bluetooth streaming audio
- 3D navigation
- WiFi hot spot, your vehicle
- An intelligent onboard system with personal communications (phone calls, email and voice mail)
- Peripheral communications with GPS, toll booths, parking lots, road closures, traffic behavior, and emergency services
- Vehicle charging and status updates
- Multimedia entertainment options (Internet, movies, games, music and news)
- Safety and diagnostic tools
continually increases, manufacturers are raising production to meet the demand. Making our world more connected and easier to navigate.
Chicago Auto Show Press Release
Chicago, IL Feb. 12, 2014: “You typically won’t find an energy panel with this high caliber of speakers gathered outside of Washington, Silicon Valley, or a national television studio,” says Peggy Smedley, editorial director of Connected World magazine, commenting on the guests assembled for the exclusive presentation: Creating Sustainability at Home. This exclusive presentation will be held Thursday, February 13, 11:00 a.m. CT, in the Connected World Conference Pavilion, South Hall, Chicago Auto Show.
The panel will be moderated by Smedley and features Mike McMahan, vice president, Smart Grid and Technology, ComED; Ed Carroll Vice President, Program Design and Development, Franklin Energy; Paul Steffes CEO, Steffes Corp.; and Robert McKeeman, CEO, Utility.
The panel will provide an industry update on efforts being made by energy companies and their associated partners to foster sustainability through the use of increasingly interconnected technologies. Concepts scheduled for discussion include:
- Current state of energy efficiency
- How smart is the smart grid?
- Best practices for future technology development
- What consumers can expect five to 10 years from now
- Should consumers be concerned with privacy issues?
The Connected World Conference is the global expo for the connected technologies that are transforming our professional and personal lives. The only expo that provides access to the players and the products in front of and behind the Internet of Things: discover not only what the devices are, but what makes them tick.
About the Connected World Conference
The Connected World Conference is the window into the emerging technology trends shaping the future of connected devices. The conference is a destination for everyone interested in learning, sharing, and presenting their ideas and visions about the future of our digital lifestyle, connecting to our vehicles, our homes, our energy, our apps, and our health/fitness. This event gives attendees a chance to explore the strategic shifts that new technologies will have now and into the future. www.connectedworldmag.com/conference.