- Cosmi’s Deli is a relative newcomer among the cheesesteak contenders, winning recent accolades from Philadelphia magazine.1501 S. 8th Street, (215) 468-6093,cosmideli.com
- It may be across the street from the oldest cheesesteak joint in town,but Geno’s Steaks is a formidable competitor going roll for roll with Pat’s for nearly five decades. 1219 S. 9th Street, (215) 389-0659, genosteaks.com
- The brisket cheesesteak at Jake’s Sandwich Board can be adorned with either mild provolone and caramelized onions or, less conventionally, wasabi spread and crunchy onions. 122 S. 12th Street, (215) 922-0102, jakessandwichboard.com
- Jim’s Steaks has multiple locations, but the classic smell of fried onions wafting down South Street makes that outpost a memorable one. 400 South Street, (215) 928-1911, jimssouthstreet.com
- A small shack amidst shopping plazas, John’s Roast Pork is frequently cited as one of the city’s top steak spots. Its secret weapon? A crusty seeded roll. 14 Snyder Avenue, (215) 463-1951, johnsroastpork.com
- The original home of the cheesesteak, Pat’s King of Steaks is still owned and operated by the Olivieri family.9th Street & Passyunk Avenue, (215) 468-1546,patskingofsteaks.com
- Rick’s Philly Steaks is a third-generation spinoff of Pat’s, started by the “Prince of Steaks” Rick Olivieri,who exported his cheesesteak savvy to Kennett Square. 148 W. State Street, Kennett Square, (610) 444-7425, rickssteaks.com
- With rolls from Conshohocken bakery, a plethora of cheese choices and daily-cut sirloin, Spot Burger’s food cart has been repeatedly named a favorite among cheesesteak lovers. Locations vary, (484) 620-6901, twitter.com/spotburgers
- Every sandwich at the award-winning Tony Luke’s is worth ordering, and the deliciousness now spans multiple locations across state lines. tonylukes.com
I spent several years in the Philly area and enjoyed many cheesesteaks. My Favorite was always Genos. Yum!
Check out this fun video on Philly cheesesteaks!
Almost every pizza shop on any corner of every neighborhood in Philly serves up this mouth-watering delicacy. Here are a few notable Center City and South Philadelphia spots, many of which are featured in the two videos:
All the details you will need to order the perfect Cheesesteak in this video.
Philadelphia lit up at night is so beautiful.
Plan your trip or find out more about the Philadelphia
Chef Thyme Savor is a Personal Chef Service.Claire Vert's creations will delight discriminating palettes! Let us handle all the details, so you have Time to Savor delicious dishes with your guests!