Celebrate the day by preparing a delicious dessert directly from Le Cordon Bleu News!
Hazelnut Sweet Pastry Dough
125 g Butter
1 g Salt
105 g Sugar
200 g Muscovado sugar
500 g Ground Hazelnuts
200 g Flour
60 g Butter
60 g Sugar
60 g Ground Almonds
1 Vanilla bean (pod), cut lengthwise and seeds scraped out--- Powder unrefined cane sugar
Lemon and mint cream
500 ml Whipping Cream
225 g Sugarpeel and juice of 4 lemons
½ bunch fresh Mint
150 g Butter
12.5 g Flan powder (custard powder)
125 g Strawberries
125 g Raspberries
125 g Blackcurrants
125 g Gooseberries
125 g Wild strawberries
125 g Blackberries
125 g Blueberries
125 g Redcurrants
125 g Cherries
50 g Pistachios
20 g Powdered sugar-------20 g powdered sugar (optional)
Note: 10 circle molds x 8 cm diameter
- Make the hazelnut sweet pastry dough.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Roll the dough out to a thickness of 3 mm and cut out 8 cm diameter circles.Line the tartlet molds. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until completely cooked. Leave the oven on.
- Almond cream: Cream the butter with the sugar. Add the egg, mixing well. Add the ground almonds and scraped vanilla bean (pod). Pipe or spoon the cream onto the tartlet bases. Bake in the oven at 150°C for 5 to 6 minutes, until the cream is set. Leave to cool.
- Sprinkle the edges of the tartlets with gold powder and unrefined cane sugar and caramelize with a blow torch.
- Lemon and mint cream: Bring the cream, half the sugar, lemon juice and peel, mint and butter to the boil. Strain through a china cap sieve. Whisk the 2 eggs, remaining sugar and flan powder in a bowl, then add the remaining 3 eggs and mix well. Pour a third of the hot lemon and mint liquid onto the combined eggs/sugar/flan powder, mixing well. Pour the whole mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, whisking continuously, until the cream thickens. Boil for 1 minute, stirring continuously. Leave to cool then transfer to a pastry bag. Pipe the mixture into the tartlets until half filled, refrigerate.
- Red berries: Cut the strawberries into quarters and the cherries in half. Position the red berries on the tartlets.
- Decoration: Prepare the caramelized pistachios: Caramelize the pistachios and sugar in a saucepan. Pour onto a baking sheet, leave to cool and chop. If desired, you can add an extra decorative element by sprinkling a raspberry with powdered sugar